About This Event
This event is NOT about how to raise money in the Silicon Valley style where your investors will expect you to grow as fast as possible at any cost so that the company can be acquired in 5-7 years and the investors make a killing. We will not waste your time teaching you how to make yourself more appealing to this kind of investor! Why? Because in our opinion, that model is wrong for 99.9% of businesses – especially woman-owned mission-driven businesses.
This event IS about designing a capital raising strategy customized to your unique situation, values, structure, and goals. Our approach works for companies at any stage and in any industry.
Fund and Fuel Your Dreams is a 3-day event where you will get hands-on, expert training on how to raise money for your business. You will leave with a step-by-step plan and resources to take the plan forward. At the event there will be opportunities for support from experts on messaging, your financials, and more. It is also a place to connect with like-minded mission-driven, heart centered women entrepreneurs in a supportive fun environment! You'll even have an opportunity to meet socially conscious investors that are especially interested in women-led businesses!
We Will Cover:
1. Perfect Positioning
* Learn how to attract the right investors for you
* Position your offering in a way that is authentic to you
* Learn what to do before starting the capital raising process so that you are ready to hit
the ground running
2. Packaging your Offer
* Understand all the options of what you can offer (equity, debt, etc.) and choose the best
one for you
* Learn tools for choosing a valuation for your business that you can feel confident about
* Craft your ask
* Decide how much to ask for
* Create your pitch materials – with fill-in-the-blank templates and hands-on coaching
3. Pitching 101
* How to ask for the meeting – with fill-in-the-blank scripts
* How to prepare for the meeting
* What to say in the meeting
4. The Right Investors – Who are they and where to find them
* Learn about all the different kinds of investors and what each one is looking for
* Identify the right investors for you so that you stop wasting time with the wrong ones
* Learn how to find and attract investors
5. Your Inner Game
* Learn to ask for the investment with power and confidence
* Kick your limiting beliefs to the curb
* Case studies – success stories from diverse industries to inspire you
Plus these Bonuses!
Crowdfunding. Everything you ever wanted to know about Investment Crowdfunding but were afraid to ask.
Jenny is one of the nation’s leading experts on this topic and has been tracking recent developments. She will share all the available options that allow you to legally raise capital from the crowd and give you the tools to decide which ones may be right for you.
Your Legal Questions Answered. All of your legal questions about company structure and finance answered – examples include
* Should I be a B Corp?
* What are the tax implications for me and my investors when I raise money?
* How can I legally partner with a nonprofit to raise grant funding?
Ongoing Support. Access to ongoing peer support from like-minded women on our private Facebook group
Three Content-Filled Days. The event runs from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, and from 9:00 a.m to 5:00p.m on Saturday.
A childcare option will be available.